Longarm Education Event
Friday October 11
Fast, Fun and Fabulous Free Motion Quilting 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun of free motion quilting – and it’s easier than you think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt or filling in a specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free motion quilting, and how to create stunning designs.
• How to develop an inventory of free motion designs
• Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
• Edge to edge free motion quilting
• Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
• Using Micro Handles for free-motion control
Longarm Toy Box 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Buying a longarm machine is only the first step toward successful quilting. Wait until you see what these nifty gadgets and accessories can do to make your quilting even more accurate, faster, easier and more fun! Come see why you’ll be reaching for these tools again and again, and always with a smile!
• Design, audition, and application tools
• Quilt-loading and frame accessories
• Handi Feet options
• Channel locks and straight line options
• Thread management and tensioning
Saturday, October 12
Ruler Essentials 9:00 AM - 12 PM
If you love precision and consistency in your quilting designs, you will love using design rulers and templates! These handy tools assist in placing designs accurately and stitching them out precisely. Learn to handle rulers and templates safely with the ruler base and Sure Foot, and how to achieve accuracy with the markings. The wide variety of
Handi Quilter rulers will inspire you to new design heights.
• Handle rulers safely
• Understand and use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
• Use piecing lines and marking tools to build ruler design confidence
• Versa tool quilting: stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
• Apply binding with the HQ VersaTool®
Beyond Traditional Feathers 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Beautiful feathers are a mainstay of free-motion quilters everywhere, but sometimes you find yourself ready for something a little different. In this class, you will learn how to build feathering skills to include new shapes and styles of feathers. Then, you’ll learn to easily customize them to your quilting projects, both as all over designs and in designated spaces.
• Two different styles of feathers
• Embellished feathers and spines
• Leaves, curls, and other vine designs
• Creating all over patterns with feathers
• Customizing unconventional feathers to spaces